Friday, April 05, 2013

thought of the day-coach mike rice



So if you’ve been watching the news, you heard that Rutgers Coach Mike Rice got fired. Initially, he was suspended and fined. When I saw the news report, my thoughts were, “that’s a light penalty….he still gets to keep his job”. Mike Rice just got caught. I’ve never been cussed out by a teacher in school, but from junior high to high school, coaches cussed at players, or “at the situation” as they said. I’ve heard Coaches say things that were not very appropriate but they didn’t leave the locker room. I don’t think it was right but we accepted it as part of the game. (FYI-I also have very fond memories of my coaches.)

In my opinion, the rules are different from Coaches and Teachers. Coaches have been doing this for years. Teachers can’t do/say the same things that coaches do and say.

Why is this?





No comments: