Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Thought of the Day- Taxing Churches

Speaking with a co-worker yesterday about the Presidential Debate….and he proposed that we should tax churches to help the country get out of debt.   I posed the question to a few friends and here are the responses.....


I suspect the guy that said that was some sort of atheist and had no idea what he was talking about and thus makes his point mute
-liz


If I wasn't saved, I would say, "Hell Naw." But because I have been bought with a price by the blood of Jesus Christ, I will politely say, "No, we decline." For it wasn't the church who helped the country obtain this debt. In addition, the church often funds programs that should be government sponsored.



-vinny


Part of the problem is, Churches are trying to be part of the political arena and lending their support for candidates. In these cases, the church is NOT separated from the Government and as such, subjects itself to taxation. I say, let the Church be the Church and pray for God's leadership and intervention in our lives and the lives of those who govern.Stay safe, Stay right….stay out of other folks' business………
-Ed


 

No comments: