Saturday, February 04, 2012

who can afford "beats by dre"?


When Dr. Dre's studio quality headphones hit the market in 2008...they marketed it as if they were 10x better than any other headphones.

Initially, I thought this would be big hit with producers, high profile musicians, entertainers, and professional athletes....you know...people that can afford to spend $300 for a pair of headphones.

I was mistaken...better yet, I was wrong. I see high school and college students rocking them, even, middle school kids walking around town like they are famous....which leads me to this question...in this tough economy...how are people, especially kids, affording these high end headphones?

Are parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles shelling out 300 + tax (140 used + tax) for headphones?

Maybe, I have 3 kids and student loans that keep me working around the clock. And the little disposable income that I have goes to camera equipment or my wife (that's another blog post for another time).

who can afford to spend this kind of money on headphones unless you can afford studio time with dr. dre to get a real beat by dre?

Or

maybe I'm been mistaken differently....knockoffs beats ??

1 comment:

kylebinder96 said...

I agreed with you on this, even though I have plenty of disposable income, I could never justify paying so much for branded headphones, it makes me wonder what others are thinking