Sunday, January 09, 2011

An Open Letter to Tucker Carlson

"I'm a Christian, I've made mistakes myself, I believe fervently in second chances," Carlson said. "But Michael Vick killed dogs, and he did in a heartless and cruel way. And I think, personally, he should've been executed for that. He wasn't, but the idea that the President of the United States would be getting behind someone who murdered dogs? Kind of beyond the pale."

-Tucker Carlson, 12/29/2010 Fox News


How many times must Michael Vick repent, be penitent, do penance, time and community service for your liking?

Have you no mercy, no grace, nor compassion for Michael Vick? Americans hunt, fish, and step on ants every single day in this country. To say on national television, that Michael Vick needed to be executed for his dog fighting involvement is over the top, absurd, preposterous, insane, outlandish, and very hate filled.

How can you say in the same breath that “I am a Christian, I've made mistakes,and I believe in second chances”. You obviously believe in second chances for yourself and not for people who are not like you.

Christians should speak life and no be so quick to incarcerate and throw people in personal ideological death chambers. I question your humanity and I question your genuine concern for mankind, enlighten or ignorant.
Christians should no be quick to condemn, but quick to forgive.

The same God that has mercy for your elitist arrogance also has Michael Vick's errors in mind. I have a New Year's Resolution for you: resolve to think before you speak or just put a leash on your tongue altogether.

2 comments:

slim said...

thats whats up cuzin

Jason said...

good one, Edward!