Thursday, November 11, 2004

your plane must fly!!

your plane must fly!!
[Invest in Yourself]
Lately, I’ve been thinking about how I spend my time. I only have 24 hours in the day. I’m only one person with lots of ideas and goals. Until I can duplicate myself and invest in a staff of hungry, energetic, ambitious people, I must be wise in balancing my time. My father told me that when I went off to college that “Everyone is going to compete for your time.” As I have learned and lived ten years after high school, I agree with that statement so very much. Everyone has dreams, a worthy cause, ideas, etc that they would like YOU to help them with. YOU should involve yourself with worthy causes, volunteer, mentor, teach, give, and inspire those around you. Yet, there are times in life when your cause/business/home/etc takes priority. This may be for a short season or maybe even for an extended period of time. Regardless of the length of time, invest in yourself, your goals, your dreams, your ambitions. Don’t neglect others, but don’t neglect yourself, either. You have to get your craft off of the ground. Your plane must fly. Take the time that it really takes to make your dreams come true. The Wright Brother didn’t get it right the first time, but over time, their dream soared in the air.

Always thank God that the creativity is flowing [on a regular basis]!!
11/11/04.blackwax

No comments: